Tuesday, March 4, 2014

This is the week...

We have all been dreading.....Vince's surgery.

Hi I am Ciocia Krysia, Ciocia is the Polish term for Aunt.  The children call me Ciocia or Cha, depending on who I am talking to.  Laura and I have been friends since sophomore year of high school.  We were part of a small group that was close.  It wasnt until Laura and I became roommates that we became really close, like sisters.  Over the years we have been there for each other through really great time and challenging times. Except this time.  Although I am there in spirit and her voice with updates, I can not be there to hold her or her hand or be that extra pair of ears. It breaks my heart.  I can not fathom what Laura and her husband are going through with my precious Vincie-poo and be strong for all of the other children as well.

I will never forget the day my Vincie-poo came into this world, he had a bit of a rough start. A few hours after he was born I got to meet this beautiful baby, via Skype. I love all of the children equally, but I felt a special bond or connection with Vince right away (even though I didnt actually hold him).  Still to this day I feel this bond.  Maybe because he is the first one that I met on the day of his birth, or maybe its something more, as I have met his two younger siblings on the days of their births as well.  He is my Vincie-poo and I love him with all of my heart, my hope this surgery is successful and recovery is speedy!

My role as secretary/liaison is to keep everyone updated with Vince's status and answer question on behalf of Laura and her husband.  This enables them to have complete concentration on Vince.  I will be giving updates via this blog, Facebook, emails, etc. Please have respect for the family during this difficult time and direct all questions to me.

Thank you,

Ciocia


1 comment:

  1. All are in our thoughts and prayers and they are very lucky to have you as the liaison and truly wonderful person in their life.
    dottie

    ReplyDelete