Thursday, March 6, 2014

Can I Do This?

It's almost four o'clock.
I'm home.

I just waved goodbye and kissed four of my children, three of who I will not see for a while.  I'll see Vince tonight, and then not again tomorrow when he has his surgery.

I just sent my oldest daughter for a long overdue nap.  I'll drop her off and then meet my husband in suburban Denver.

I have to finish packing a few things, do all the dishes, take in some laundry. I am capable of all this, sure, but I don't know...

I don't want to go through with this.

I don't want to leave my babies.

I don't want to let some doctor cut my son's brain open.

It's tomorrow.  15.5 hours away.

Can I do this?

I guess I don't really have a choice...

I better get going.  I have kitty boxes to change.



1 comment:

  1. Lord, please give Laura and her husband strength, hope and peace. Please help the other children to adjust to their new temporary surroundings. Please hold little Vince in your arms during the entire surgery and comfort him. Dear God I ask that you guide the doctor's hands. Please help Laura and her husband to have special, private time with Vince so that he feels secure and loved. In Jesus name I pray.

    ReplyDelete