Friday, January 10, 2014

Not a Second Opinion

Yesterday, we tried to get a second opinion. We headed to Aurora to Children's Hospital to see DrSecondOpinion. 

Except that it wasn't really a second opinion.  DrSecondOpinion had actually already seen the MRI.  He had originally consulted with DrNeurosurgeon and they had come up with their opinion together. So, yes, DrSecondOpinion of course had the same opinion as DrNeurosurgeon. 

Kevin and I asked DrSecondOpinion a whole bunch of questions.  A lot he was not able to answer.  It depends on how the surgery goes, I guess. 

I am terrified.  I am terrified for my Vince.

Isn't taking a perfectly happy little boy and putting him through this horrible process child abuse?  (Which I am doing... as soon as I get done with this blogpost, I am calling the surgery schedulers.)

Also, I don't think it's too much to ask for a second opinion before they cut off a piece of my son's skull and cut through his brain.  Maybe that's just me, just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment